Sunday, April 4, 2010

March 1

Last day before we start the trip toward home! It's a free day but there was a tour offered to a small mountain village called El Valle de Acton. We were promised a waterfall hike, a mineral bath with a mud facial, if desired, lunch, shopping and a zoo. And we got it all! The hike was in a rain forest, the trails were well defined with swinging bridges crossing the streams. We were given walking sticks to help on the damp trails....the waterfalls were spectacular! Off to the mineral baths and mud facials, we had a choice between white mud or black mud. They had different powers I am sure but that escapes me. I used the black mud, got into my swimsuit and sank into the mineral pool where we were to stay for 30 minutes for it to be beneficial. Near the end of the 30 minutes, I swear the water felt carbonated against my skin. Well I am rejuvinated! Back into the village to find some lunch-I had grilled chicken and french fries with rice and beans (that's how the meal was served, everything always arrived with rice and beans no matter what you ordered).... We strolled the street checking out the shops and street venders before heading to the zoo. The facinating exhibit was the Frogs! The collection was amazing!
Back to the RV Park and a pot luck supper and a celebration for rig#10's 51st anniversary.... One of the members brought out his guitar and with tailgunner Brians assist we sang! Fun evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment