Sunday, April 4, 2010

March 5,6,7 and 8

3/5
Chicken soup and gatorade...for breakfast, lunch and feeling okay... Went to Burger King for supper. Not a good idea!
We are camped in a Total Gas parking lot outside Liberia....been here, done this!
But there was a festival happening in town and the Burger King was a perfect place to see the horsemen parade by. There were hundreds, some fancy, some plain....riding down the street. Someone told us this was part of a 14 day event!
3/6
Up and out early... nose to tail in numerical order as we are crossing another border. We arrived at the border at 10 and were not on our way until 3 with a long drive ahead to Montelimer and the Bocelo Resort. We drove through a huge windmill farm along Lake Nicaragua, with volcanoes, Conception and Maderas in the background.
I am very sick!
3/7
I am now vomiting as well as the other... I saw the hotel doctor and her prescibed additional meds to the cipro I am already taking. And he suggested a strict diet of no dairy, no fats, no carbonated drinks....small servings, eating often and drinking alot of liquids!
IT FIGURES DOESN'T IT? We are staying in an all inclusive resort with great food, entertainment, swimming pools, spas...etc. and I am sick! Well, there is a hammock and a cool breeze on our porch and I am loving it!
3/8
Went to the Beauty shop and got another chopped haircut, oh well, it will grow. And a pedicure for my pathetic feet. When the polish was removed I discovered several black toe nails....this trip has been rough on the feet, oh well, new toe nails will also grow!
Obviously, I am feeling better....even went for a swim!

No comments:

Post a Comment