Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 12 & 13 1/9 &10

It's a good thing! This blog writing is making me stay real....well I am trying to keep up with the modern world but I have messed up so much by not paying attention and I apologize to y'all. Forgetting the blog sign-in address and then consistently sending out the wrong address.... Day 1 is on http://www.franstravels2010.blogspot.com and the rest are on http://www.frannysadventures.blogspot.com. Well, that's why I started this whole thing 2 weeks before take-off. Maybe, I finally have it right?


There has been a lot to learn besides blogging and this old brain is trying hard to keep up with all the information being tossed at me.... I've got notes galore all ready and our orientation doesn't begin until tomorrow! Oh well, there is a lot to prepare for this trip. Just getting the vehicles checked out is quite an education for me.... we carry everything to fuel the stove, furnace, frig and freezer....sometimes electric (batteries) sometimes propane... where are the tanks and switches and what do you do when??? And then there is water....fresh or grey....where to fill, how to drain/flush....
It's really great and fun and fascinating.... So tomorrow we get the rules of the road plus meeting and greeting our fellow travellers....


AND for fun there are all the activities here at the trailer park....google Texas Trails RV Resort. Yesterday, there was a pancake breakfast, and in the afternoon a 2 hr jam session(just the "winter Texans" playing their instruments together) playing oldies and lots of couples dancing. And today was an Ice cream social and then tonight a Neil Diamond impersonator gave a concert. Fun and funny!

well, it's time to sign out,

Wild Wandering Widows

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a blast! And you still have 3-4 months to go? WOW!! I think you're doing a great job at the blog and hopefully you'll get the hang of posting pics. Can't wait to see them! Love Ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seem to be having so much fun, you might just consider staying at the RV resort for a couple of months. Lots to do, no wear and tear on the vehicle. -sr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Fran! good for you; I'm not sure I could figure it all out! hope I'm finally signed on here and will keep in touch. Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think checking in with you will become my morning coffee routine. I can't imagine mastering all the mechanics of gas, electric, waters. Have you met all your fellow caravaners? I have actually finished baby socks and 1 1/2 adult socks since you left ALL BY MYSELF!

    ReplyDelete