Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 7 1/4/2010

I am not going to talk about the weather...we are all experiencing cold,etc.
I am loving Natchez....Enjoying the hospitality here so much we decided to stay another day. So today we toured two mansions- Stanton Hall and Rosalie while Grace was at the doctors appointment and Matt chauffeured us around.
As I said yesterday...Pam wants to have a say, so she is going to finish todays blog!

Tues 12/29-- Today is the day to start the adventure and guess what- Great, just Great, SNOW-SNOW-SNOW all over my camper, oh well, grab the shovel and make a path, finish loading.
One last check of the house and pray everything is taken care. Unplug the power, clear off the truck, fire up the diesel and pull out the drive with one last look back and I say goodbye to snow and cold. A quick stop in Bangor to see my son as he must go across to serve our country, another stop in Cumberland to see grandchildren and off to pick up Fran.

Well, didn't quite make it before dark, but I found her street, not wanting to back up the camper, I called on my cell, "Fran, where are you?"," here I am, see me?" she says," my, you look impressive with all the lights on", and I pulled into the driveway. Boy, is it cold going into the house. Went out to supper with Fran,Kristin, and Frances. After supper we thought we better spend the night in the house. Went back to get my night clothes from the camper and the lock was frozen...had to get a hair drier to get in.

So off early, 6:30 in 8 degree air. Smooth sailing and light traffic till NY, we took the GW and nearly got creamed in slow moving traffic, a guy pulling over in front of me but he and I stopped in time, all because some crazy man stopped and got out of his car, hope he didn't get creamed. So we got to Winchester for the night. And guess what, it snowed. A little late getting off as Fran had to take back her strawberryjelly for jam(she's living on pb&j) (still cold)

Two nights with my cousin in Kingston and very happy to see my Aunt is doing so well, delicious food and a great visit and we are off again, you guessed it...snow flurries (is this a sign or something) til we got into Alabama but a nice quiet day and pretty as the snow covered the trees aand the rolling hills and fences. It did warm as we got nearer Mississippi, nearly a heat wave...44 degrees.

So here we are at my dear friend Grace and Matt's house.
signing off, M.W. Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment